For the third time since 2011, Billund Airport's King Amlet Lounge will be honored with the title "Highly Commended". It is the Priority Pass program, which has attracted more than 100,000 of its members to assess the lounge experience at airports worldwide and believes that the King Amlet Lounge is one of the best in Europe.
When flying a lot of times a month, relaxation or work in calm and comfortable surroundings is alfa and omega. The Priority Pass program, which specializes in lounge access for frequent travelers, has collected well over 100,000 votes on the question of which lounge members recommend. For the third time since 2011, the Billund Airport King Amlet Lounge has been awarded the "Highly Commended Lounge" at the annual award of the world's best lounge areas.
"We are very proud that the lounge in Billund Airport receives international honors. It is the airport's own passengers who have rated the lounge and we are in competition with many other airports, says Jan Hessellund, Commercial Manager at Billund Airport.
King Amlet Lounge is one of a total of nine lounges worldwide that have received the honors "Highly Commended".
Good 114,000 passengers use the lounge before departure
That the lounge is popular with the guests can also be seen on the number of passengers using the facilities before they fly out into the world. Last year, the King Amlet Lounge was used by over 114,000 passengers and the growth continues. The latest figures from Billund Airport shows it.
- By 2015, our lounge has been used by fourteen percent more passengers than the year before. We find that the extra comfort before the journey is becoming more and more popular, says Jan Hessellund.
For Billund Airport, it is important that the lounge constantly evolves in line with passenger demand. International newspapers and magazines, computers with internet, meeting rooms, bathroom facilities and refreshments are some of the services offered by the King Amlet Lounge.
- Many of our passengers use the lounge to work or relax before departure. Therefore, part of the lounge is furnished with comfortable sun loungers, as well as offering passengers the opportunity for a bath, says Jan Hessellund.
Facts about the Priority Pass program
- In all, Priority Pass awards 17 global prizes to the best lounges in the world
- The Priority Pass Program is part of the Priority Travel Group, which specializes in international travel clubs
Facts about King Amlet Lounge
- King Amlet Lounge seats 200 passengers. The lounge has been in Billund Airport since 1990
- King Amlet Lounge is named after the person buried in the largest of the four burial mounds located just south of the eastern part of the runway
- Business Class Passengers, Priority Pass Members and other registered arrangements have access to the lounge before departure.